Socialroots (Wicked Co-op LCA) has a new job opening for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer.
At Socialroots, we believe in creating an environment that encourages and creates opportunities for growth. Starting from the ground up on a brand new platform enables a lot of opportunity to drive early decisions and systems. Socialroots is an innovative cooperative software organization in early stages of development and the first co-op to win the Phase II Small Business Innovation Grant from the National Science Foundation. We are building the Socialroots platform for more efficient decentralized coordination. (www.socialroots.io)
Decentralized coordination is the problem of our time. Everything from climate change to social change to innovation is fundamentally a problem of large scale, efficient decentralized coordination. By building an inter-group relationship data protocol and data sifting algorithm within the Socialroots platform, we hope to connect the “social network of productivity” to increase the rate of innovation and systemic coordination.
Numerous research opportunities are possible within the area of syntactic analysis and all forms of semantic analysis, including lexical, relational and discourse analysis as well as analysis of non-linguistic data from survey and vectored networking. The Post Doc will be able to influence product and technical design and development and active experimentation and ideation is a core element of the role.
About the role
- Fully remote position.
- You will have the opportunity to make a wide impact on our machine learning processes, tooling, coding standards, and codebase.
- Work closely with a team of software developers and product managers to identify means to enhance collaborative online and offline effectiveness towards solving system scoped problems.
- We’re looking for someone with curiosity at the intersection of organized work, human communications, cross-discipline collaboration, and complex systemic problems.
- A passion to explore emergent information, pattern discovery in human interaction, information revelation, situational contextualization, and data-driven epiphany.
- We want to get insights into how to support our early users in utilizing work productivity tools and asynchronous communications following a conversations to action loop for internal and cross-group collaboration.
- The role is a 1 year position via the NSF SBIR program administered by IPERF: https://iperf.asee.org/
- Candidate will have mentorship opportunities with leading Data Scientists and mentoring in career growth via Wicked Co-op LCA
- Position is available only to candidates physically in the US and with the right to work in the US
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing experiment and algorithm design.
- Experience with Python, Golang, Erlang/Elixir, or equivalent language.
- Experience with code management via Git
- Experience with drafting technical specifications a plus
- Experience with Asana and Agile methodology a plus
- Social science or behavioral science experience is a plus
Administered via NSF Innovative Postdoctoral Entrepreneurial Research Fellowship (IPERF):
With funding support from NSF, the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) recruits, trains, mentors, places, and funds, early career STEM Ph.D. recipients from underrepresented groups to participate in entrepreneurial activities and perform innovative research at NSF Phase II SBIR/STTR awardee companies.
- Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to all fields in science and engineering funded by NSF within the current portfolio of active Phase II SBIR/STTR awardee companies.
- Appointments are for one year.
- The base stipend is $78,000 per year, plus optional individual health and life insurance, relocation and conference travel support, and professional development training in entrepreneurship.
- Reach us via email@example.com to apply.